We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we provided then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.

Making a formal complaint

If you would like to make a formal complaint, then our policy is as follows.

You should email Mr Matt McArdle at If your complaint involves Mr Matt McArdle then you should contact Mr Michael Jordan,

You may want to consult the advice from the Legal Ombudsman on how to make a complaint. The Legal Ombudsman expects us to respond to your complaint within eight weeks. Our commitment is to respond within four weeks unless we tell you otherwise. We may need longer if, for example, files have been archived or staff are on holiday that we need to speak to in order to respond to you.

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case. When we respond to your complaint in writing there may be a period in which we discuss with you some measures to deal with your complaint. We will agree with you a timescale for those discussions and we will make it clear when those discussions have come to an end.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission;
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.

Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806,

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Scroll to Top